It’s been a huge few weeks for me here at JMC HQ and the first thing to go?
The fun stuff.
Pinterest was first out the door, followed closely by my blog and Facebook came in a lagging third (really should have been second but it’s the closest thing I have to a social life)…
I promised myself I wouldn’t allow a week to pass without publishing at least one blog post.
In fact I have a stash of half-written draft posts for such occasions but I didn’t even give them the time of day.
So, how to keep up the blog momentum when you’re having one of those weeks?
- Re-post. There are so many wonderful blogs out there. I have a few favourites and, in times of need can turn to them for a quick and easy re-post (with credit where credit is due, of course).
- Drafts. Aforementioned draft posts. We all have them, take a little time crafting one into something engaging and enjoyable. Short, sweet and to the point.
- Breaking news. It’s current, it’s interesting (to you, or me, at least) and if you are genuinely interested in an issue you’ll be able to knock out a few hundred words to create a post in no time.
- Images! Images are a wonderful source of inspiration for you and for your audience. Create one, find one (creative commons), post one.
- Lists. Yes, do as I have done and put together a top 5 (or top 3 to be even more economical with your time). Tips, tricks, hints, thoughts, inspirations, best of, mix tape; whatever inspires you and interests your audience.
Short and sweet, that’s all I have time for! Go forth and write blogger peeps.